About Tailored Tattoo Removal
Tailored Tattoo Removal are here to help with your unwanted tattoo(s) whether that be lightening for a cover up or full removal.
We have undergone extensive training in Laser Safety and Tattoo Removal. We use the best tattoo removal laser machine in the business, the Fotona QX Max. If lightening is what you are after, we will work with your tattoo artist so that we can get the best results for your new tattoo. Lightening a tattoo before a cover up gives you and your tattoo artist a lot more freedom when it comes to choosing a new tattoo.
Tailored Tattoo Removal is not a clinic, so unlike other laser tattoo removal clinics we are covered in tattoos and know what it’s like to have a few regretful tattoos on ourselves. Therefore we understand what you need to get the best results for a quality cover up or full removal. Tailored Tattoo Removal also work with some of the best Artists in Melbourne that are more then happy to consult with you on a new tattoo design.
We pride ourselves on "Changing the world, one bad tattoo at a time".
How Laser Tattoo Removal Works
The Q-Switched Laser is a high powered form of light; this laser can be set in various colour spectrums. When the Q-Switched laser is set to isolate the dark spectrum colours, it will only affect the dark colours within the set range. Therefore it will pass over colours lighter in the spectrum, meaning bare skin is unaffected by the laser. When the Q-switched laser beam locates the ink in the tattoo it shatters the ink into extremely fine particles that will no longer be visible to the naked eye. These particles are then small enough to be absorbed and removed from the body by the lymphatic system (cell cleaning). This causes the tattoo to fade gradually over a series of treatments. The number of treatments depends on a number of variables (for example: body placement, type of ink, colour etc).
Laser wavelengths must be carefully considered when removing multi-coloured tattoos. The Laser wavelength is what determines which colour will be predominantly targeted by the laser to selectively remove it. To ensure safe and effective treatments, you’ll need an optimized selection of wavelengths to target a wide range of colours.
The QX-MAX’s Nd: YAG laser provides the ideal platform for initiating wavelength conversions to create a true multi-wavelength colour removal solution. The QX-MAX offers four treatment wavelengths in a single system:
- 1064nm Nd:YAG to treat and remove dark colours.
- 532 nm KTP for lighter colours i.e.: red, tan, purple and orange inks.
- 650nm dye for green inks.
- 585 nm dye for sky blue inks.
This optimal selection of wavelengths provides the ability to treat a broad range of simple to complex, multi coloured or single coloured tattoos.
Our Laser Tattoo Removal Equipment
The Fotona QX Max Lasers are the highest performance single-pulse Q- Switched Laser. Fontana’s QX MAX system is the most advanced Q-Switched laser on the market today. It has the power to remove a broad spectrum of tattoo colours. Especially tattoos with darker inks.
The QX Max is built for maximum performance with patented, state-of-the-art innovations to make treatments safer and more effective.
The QX Max’s high-energy, single-pulse technology is vastly more efficient at removing pigments than multi-pulse lasers that generate equivalently high energies. The QX MAX’s single-pulse Q-switched technology generates larger spot sizes that remain effective with deeper lying pigments.
Single pulses are not affected by the optical shielding phenomenon arising from pigment destruction, therefore, more and deeper lying pigments can be targeted and removed, and treatment efficacy and efficiency in a single session are thus maximized. The use of larger spot sizes also requires less fluence to be effective, reducing the risk of unwanted side effects such as tissue splatter, bleeding and textural changes.
Pre-Care for Laser Tattoo Removal
Please read over the following Pre-Care Instructions carefully.
- No sun exposure or solarium two weeks prior treatment.
- Do not use self tanning products for 2 weeks before your treatment. (The procedure will have to be postponed if you have a tan).
- Do not use Roaccutane for 6 months prior to treatment.
- We cannot treat you if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have epilepsy, prone to keloid scarring, intoxicated or taking photosensitive medication.
- You can also use apply numbing cream proir to treatment to reduce the pain. (Please follow instructions carefully when applying the cream)
Post-Care for Laser Tattoo Removal
Below are some post treatment suggestions for you to follow:
- Apply Bepanthen/Stratamed 1– 2 times daily for at least two weeks.
- Avoid excessive heat in the skin (exercise, hot bath or shower, sauna etc. for 24- 48 hrs)
- Use SPF 30+ when in the sun as well as protective clothing.
- Do not pick or scratch the area .
- Avoid injury to the skin.
- The treated area may feel slightly sunburned for a couple of days and cold packs can be applied as needed for comfort.
- The treated area may remain red and raised for a few days up to a few weeks.
- It’s common to develop an itching sensation during the healing process.
- No sun exposure for 2 weeks after treatment.